tr.v. ren·dered, ren·der·ing, ren·ders
1. To submit or present, as for consideration, approval, or payment.
2. To give or make available; provide.
3. To give what is due or owed: render thanks.
4. To give in return or retribution:
5. To represent in verbal form; depict.
6. To represent in a drawing or painting, especially in perspective.
7. Computer Science To convert (graphics) from a file into visual form, as on a video display.
a. To perform an interpretation of (a musical piece, for example).
b. To arrange: rendered the composition for string quartet.
9. To express in another language or form; translate.
10. To deliver or pronounce formally.
11. To cause to become; make.
12. To reduce, convert, or melt down (fat) by heating.
13. To coat (brick, for example) with plaster or cement.
i've always been fascinated by the process of rendering, how meaning is rendered, how flavor becomes concentrated by rendering. however, i have only recently learned the sinister side of rendering, what goes on in the dark dark world of rendering plants, and why it is important not to feed your pets commercial pet food.